Why effective IT service management determines business viability?
What is the impact of a proper IT service management? Is it real that it can compromise the viability of your business? Here are all the answers.
IT Service Management (ITSM) focuses on optimizing processes to align IT services with the needs of the business. . The focus is on delivering complete technology services through best practices, with an emphasis on customer benefits.
In the new context, the challenges of IT management of organizations, cybersecurity, and access to qualified personnel are protagonists, determining the viability of the business.
How the shortage of technological talent impacts IT services management
The proper management of IT services and its profound impact on the performance of companies is an issue that is part of the agenda of organizations.
Currently, many companies are betting on their own IT teams. In this case, in order to find the right talent, organizations must face challenges such as:
- the need for more complex technological skills (enhanced by rapid technological change),
- an increasingly flexible labor market,
- a demand that outstrips the supply of talent,
- high salary expectations,
- a new mindset of candidates who seek offers that include professional development and prioritize a positive work environment,
- high competition for the “conquest” of specialized talent,
- evaluation of job offers based on the benefits associated with them.
Faced with a shortage of qualified IT talent, companies waste time and money in the search. In turn, if they do not find the right talent, they are likely to miss out on the potential of the technology in which they invest, even putting IT security at risk.
Why does effective IT service management determine business viability?
Optimal IT service management mitigates potential losses and contributes to new business development.
Effective IT service management contributes to the viability of the business because it allows:
- Maximize business continuity: With efficient management, service interruptions are minimized, benefiting both internal and external customers.
In this way, the normal fulfillment of employees’ tasks is guaranteed, project completion deadlines are met and productivity is increased. On the other hand, it generates customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.
- Obtain adequate data management: Through the implementation of security measures such as backups, updates, and security patches to systems and applications.
It also includes staff training or clear procedures that help minimize human errors that can lead to data loss.
- Increase security levels: Optimal IT service management allows greater control of access to systems and real-time monitoring.
To increase security levels, it is essential to focus on training and updating employees. As well as the use of security measures such as data encryption and two-factor authentication.
- Cost optimization: When IT service management is carried out effectively, the company avoids unnecessary expenses. This is possible thanks to efficient use of resources and investment in appropriate technologies for the company.
How to achieve efficient IT service management
Achieving efficient IT service management of an in-house team can be very complex and costly. But one option that guarantees efficiency at a much lower cost is to have a strategic partner to provide the IT resources.
From our perspective, in addition to providing the necessary talent, it is important to understand that technology is a part of the process. In this way, it is possible to add value to each project led. Thus, when the client trusts and works together, the return on investment in the management of IT services is much more agile.
For this reason, at Wezen we offer you a staff of professionals with interdisciplinary training to join your team. This is how we manage to cover horizontally your IT needs from:
- budget construction,
- incident resolution,
- implementation of new technology,
- development of policies and procedures.
In addition, through learning and commitment to the business of each client, we provide a criterion and facilitate their development.
From Wezen we offer the integral IT management of your organization. In a context of an exodus of skilled labor, we can help mitigate contingencies in terms of cybersecurity in daily operations. We put at the service of each client all our expertise, through different specialists and methodologies, to meet all the needs, both strategic and operational of the day-to-day of the companies.
Get an effective IT service management that guarantees operational continuity, at a lower cost and allows you to focus on the core business of your company.